Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mosaic Tiles Quilt Along!

Hello! I am Katy, better known as LethargicLass, and I am excited to be a part of this quilt along.  I met Lindsay last fall at Sewing Summit, and I bought my copy of Modern Bee directly from her. Sadly, I didn't think of asking her to sign it though lol. When Lindsay asked if I would like to be a part of this blog hop quilt along I was thrilled! I immediately started thinking of what I could make. I wanted to keep the look of the quilt, but without the size. I am a very slow quilt maker, and I knew I wouldn't have the time. So I went small. Really small. IMG_0149 I drew my plan up in my trusty little graph book, and then attempted the math. Several times. IMG_0152Finally I figured out that I needed to start with 2” centers and one inch borders to create my original block before cutting into fours. IMG_0154 I like to work at different stages of things at one time so I don’t get bored by something like a huge pile of trimming. You can see what I mean below. IMG_0319 - Copy I finally finished the pillow at 20”x20”. That is when I realised that my 20” pillow form was actually 18” lolIMG_0471 It most certainly isn’t perfect, but I love it :) Here is the backside. I used one of my favourite prints from Connecting Threads and I don’t have much left. IMG_0472I hope you enjoyed seeing what I made, and I would love to know if anyone else attempts one this small :)  Please check out the rest of the Mosaic Tiles Quilt Along!  







4 comments:

  1. very cute and colorful! love all that tiny piecing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic, Katie! I love your pillow but also appreciate that you know yourself when you set out on your creative endeavors. That's big! At the same time I still see so much potential in you! *Heart*

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, I love your pillow! and hope to have time to sew up some blocks this weekend. Will let youi know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Katy, Nice website. I am also see http://mosaictiledirect.net/ is like yours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents!