Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Favourites

I'm going to try to start posting some of my favourite things on Fridays. It may not be every Friday, but I do hope it will be regular. I may be talking about a new book, a new pattern, a fabric line, a tool, anything really. For this first one I have chosen a store.

Mad About Patchwork is a Canadian run fabric store that is here in town (well technically just a wee tiny bit out of town). When I first placed an order I didn't pay attention to where it was and when my package showed up two days later and I saw the address I laughed. Pam, the owner, is one of the founding board members of the Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild along with myself and a few others. Through our get togethers for the guild I feel I can call Pam a friend now and I consider myself lucky.

A selection of solids from Mad About Patchwork

Pam carries a lot of current modern lines like Charley Harper and Botanics, and sells them at awesome prices (not something that is easy in Canada). She also carries a huge range of Kona solids which is good, because I am always buying from her at the last minute and have never been disappointed. These pictures are some of her solids from a quilt show she had a booth at.

DSC00563

I do hope that maybe you will take a moment and check out Mad About Patchwork… I know you won’t be disappointed :) (and since everyone seems to always add in these caveats… no I haven’t been paid and Pam doesn’t even know I am writing this :))

DSC00565

7 comments:

  1. Hey Katy - did you know that Pam lives in walking distance to my sister's house? I've been to Pam's house and shopped from her shelves - and I am sure she has expanded her range since then as it was a good couple of years ago now!! Small world huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I love Pam's shop too! She has a great range of fabrics. She is so kind and helpful! I am looking forward to you Friday Favourites posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never met another person besides me that rolls their fabric! Don't you love how it looks and how easy it is to take out and put away? I do. Check it out at wazoonewsbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pam's shop too! It's wonderful to be able to find modern fabric in a Canadian fabric shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to live so close to a great quilt shop, I must admit there is a lack a good modern quilt shops in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Katy ... and I've really enjoyed getting to know you better through the guild. Consider us both lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents!